Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Review - Mug's 'N Jugs Clearwater FL

You don't have to be a senior citizen retired and living in a trailer park to enjoy some the "fine" dining we have in the highway construction capital of West Central Florida - Clearwater. Before 5pm there are simply a plethera of early bird specials that are easy on the wallet costing around $5.95 per person. On Wednesday's that price includes some type of icy cold tasty beverge like sweetened ice tea or Sierra Mist on the rocks. The Northeast have their diners, we here in the Sunshine State have our family restaurants or for the more adventurous, sports bars. 

I was hungry and saw a "popular" sports bar called Mugs 'N Jugs and decided to revisit them for an early dinner. The place was almost empty except for a few Q-Tips (fine decent folks with white hair) and a few workers off the clock representing our vanishing middle class. My wife and I were immediately seated by a nice young chap that had put a far too generous "splash of Aqua Velva on. "Sierra" our "server" came by quick enough and we ordered drinks. I noticed a long run in her glossy - thick as support hose - tights that ran from just below the bottom of her "Hooter's" knock off stretchy shorts to just above the middle of her thigh. It's a turn off. 

We ordered onion rings to start - my wife wanted a Black Russian. The main course was "Jack Daniels" steakhouse burger - medium rare - for me and ribs and shrimp for her. After the order was placed "Sierra" went MIA, or perhaps KIA? We weren't sure. Someone else with no runs brought out the food. There were 4 little grilled shrimp with the ribs and somewhere buried underneath a pile of "other" weird stuff was a boring WELL DONE hamburger. The onion rings were unbelieveably greasy. The horseradish bland. I would say "dining" at Burger King would have been a better choice. Too bad they don't have a liquor license.

A while after the Black Russian was gone and I had finished my Sprite, I looked around the place and there were NO servers - anywhere. We flagged down Aqua Velva man and said we needed a refill and a Coke. I could hear the Jeopardy clock tune in my mind. From somewhere "Sierra" reappeared asking cutsie putsie style if "everything"  was (like) OK? No dear, we need something to drink. Perhaps if you asked my wife if she wanted another alcoholic beverage you could afford some new pantyhose. A few minutes goes by and Aqua Velva comes over to chat? I asked him what he did after we asked him for our soda. He seemed confused. "I didn't know who your server was. Duh.

Between the grease and stupidity, I walked out with a stress stomach ache and $39.01 poorer. I'll give Mugs 'N Jugs a "D". I've been there before, and a name change to "Dumb 'N Dumber" would be appropriate. Bad service and far less than great food quality abound in Tampa Bay. This, obviously, was no exception. 

Table 1/1 5:23pm #80018