Sunday, November 01, 2009

The talk at Subway…

539w Screw this. Muncie IN. Dark and cold. There’s a White Castle across the street from the small Pilot I’m parked at. The lot is 1/2 full. I don’t really give a crap where everyone else is as long as I found a place to park. I’d like to get a few rat burgers, but I’m just too lazy and cold to walk across the damn street.

Tomorrow morning at 8 AM I hopefully will be at the consignee. I said hopefully. Here are the directions I received on the QUALCOMM – 69N TO EX 34 – 67 NORHT ST ST RD 3 MUNCIE EX T/L WILL BE ON MACEDONIA AVE – STRAIGHT THRU 5 STOP LITES AT YELLOW CAUTION LITE YOU ARE IN FRONT OF FAB SHOP TURN RIGHT AT CAUTION LITE GO TO BACK OF EPOXY SHOP TO DEL STEEL. I have not changed anything or corrected the spelling.

I only ask myself what idiot typed this into the system. What kind of irresponsible twit would expect a professional truck driver to leave somewhere safe and venture into the early morning darkness to find this place.

Now as for the picture. I want it to be required of EVERY member of the Congress to get their ass down to Dover Air Force Base and salute the murdered US soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. That would include that buffoon Rush Limbaugh. In a few days it will be one year since the election. Months before Obama took office, let’s not forget, the economy was headed right into the toilet. Both the Republicans and the Democrats are to blame. And our men and women were unnecessarily being killed in the bullshit war on terror.

I only hope and pray that as President Obama stands there, he is thinking enough is enough. Let’s bring everyone home. I don’t give a crap about anyone or anything in that region of the world. It’s long overdue for “them” to fend for themselves. It’s their fight and we should have no part of it. As the father of a future United States Marine, I don’t want my son to fight under the same cloud as Vietnam. And I will not let him shed one ounce of blood because war criminals like Dick Cheney believes it is in the best interest of my country send our kids to fight to protect his corporate interests. I feel strongly that there is a place in hell for the Lyndon Johnson’s, George Bush’s and Dick Cheney’s - all three - war criminals. Obama has the chance not to join them. And that’s what truckers are talking about tonight at Subway…