Friday, April 29, 2011

One less loser + They're Married!

#807 - Well, greetings all. It's a good morning. I have one less loser to deal with in my life and I feel good. I did wake up early to catch the Royal wedding. I turned on the "tele" just as the young couple was being pronounced man and wife. I thought it interesting that the NBC, more than a few times, showed Elton John and his wife - or husband. I don't know what they call each other. There were no other shots of any other entertainers or celebrities. What was that all about? I also listened closely to the words of the various religious men presiding over the ceremony with regards to love, respect, children, etc., and wonder about the divorce rate here in the U.S. and around the world. The words from these robed "learned" men are in fact, just a bunch of words - they sound nice and might have meant something in the past, but except to only a few, are meaningless to the rest of civilization in this day and age. I wonder if marriage "until we die" should be changed to "if at such date, perhaps five years from now, if we still can stand each other, we'll renew our vows". Of course, when I got married, we changed our vows to "forever and ever" so you might say I'm really in it for the long haul. The photo is by Alistar Grant of the Associated Press/AP