Thursday, March 05, 2009

Part of the Vast Global Supply Chain…

IMGP2707 

So here we go again. Picked up material that used to made in here in the “States”, but now is manufactured in Shanghai, China. It comes back to the US to be shipped down to Mexico to build a factory. That same factory used to be located here in the US. What a world we live in. I got turned around quick in Laredo. I’m now under a load of steel that used to be made in the US, but is now made in Mexico. It is headed to Florida. I am “so” part of some really long global supply chain. I guess I should be happy that I am part of it and not a victim of it, like the folks who lost their jobs to Mexico and China. I’m not a truck driver, I’m a link. Grand dad, what do you do for a living? Well, grandson, I’m a link. A very important underpaid link.